Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Discovering Gustav Klimt's "The Kiss"

This poem was originally published in the Spring 2008 edition of The Broad River Review, the literary journal for Gardner-Webb University in Boiling Springs, North Carolina.  It is dedicate to Stephanie Corrine Ramirez, my wonderful wife and the wonderful mother to our two children, Gabriella and Nicholas.

Nine years ago on this day, I proposed to Stephanie, and eight years ago tomorrow will mark our eighth anniversary.  I cannot justifiably express how beautiful she is both internally and externally along with how supportive she has been with my poetry, with my career, and with countless other things in the time that I have known her.  For anyone familiar with Scripture, Stephanie is a Proverbs 31 wife, and she has mirrored the nature of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ better than anyone I have ever known.  She always finds new ways to be beautiful, and as I have told her, it was her looks that caught my attention but it was her heart that made me fall in love with her. 

So I will close with these words directed specifically for my wife: Stephanie, I love you.  Happy Anniversary.

To view the poem and hear it read, please click on the following link:
http://classmedia.scccd.edu/gr003/camtasia/Discovering_Gustav_Klimts_The_Kiss_-_20131001_143905_5.html

No comments: